WHY IS YOUR VAGUS NERVE SO IMPORTANT?
The vagus nerve is the bridge between being stressed or calm. Whether you are in a sympathetic “fight or flight “state or a parasympathetic “rest and digest” state. The vagus nerve is an information super-highway. As the only cranial nerve that exits the head, it follows the path of the carotid artery and innervates with virtually every organ in your body. It’s the way your brain communicates with your organs and how the organs communicate with your brain.
The “gut/brain” connection is directly communicated through the vagus nerve. If your gut is not working properly then there is a communication problem between the vagus nerve, the Enteric Nervous System (gut) and the brain. Therefore, it is responsible for you having that “gut feeling” or intuition.
The vagus nerve can help control inflammation. As inflammation goes up, the vagus nerve starts to shut down. Inflammation is a key factor in pain and chronic illness and treating the vagus nerve is an innovative way to maintain and optimize your health.
HOW THE VAGUS NERVE IMPACTS YOU
- Brain - Anxiety, depression, mood, memory, social anxiety and connecting with others
- Mouth - taste, swallowing, gag reflex, coughing, speech, vocal tone
- Lungs - breathing rhythm and respiration rate
- Blood vessels - lowers blood pressure, decreases vascular tone
- Heart - decreases heart rate, heart rate variability
- Liver - regulates insulin secretion in the liver
- Gut - increases gastric juices, gut motility, and stomach acid
- Sleep - improves when the vagus nerve is activated
- Immune system - responds best when you are calm
- Inflammation - reduces pain and promotes wellness through increasing parasympathetic activity
- Muscle tension - relaxes as vagal tone increases
VAGAL TONE AND YOUR HEALTH
Vagal Tone refers to how well the vagus nerve is functioning. It is a key to activating the parasympathetic nervous system and reducing inflammation. Greater vagal tone means that your body can relax and recover faster after stress. The greater your vagal tone, the more your mental and physical health will improve and vice versa. Improving vagal tone takes time and effort to build and strengthen. Like any habit it requires daily consistent repetition to achieve success.
LOW VAGAL TONE IS ASSOCIATED WITH UNDESIRABLE SYMPTOMS
- Increased sympathetic nervous system activity and stress hormones
- Cardiovascular conditions: irregular heartbeat, heart disease, hypertension
- Depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Gastrointestinal: GERD, constipation, indigestion
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cognitive Impairment, memory issues
- Inflammatory conditions: arthritis, asthma, allergies
- Autoimmune conditions
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU INCREASE YOUR VAGAL TONE? LOTS OF GOOD STUFF!
- Better blood sugar regulation
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Improves digestion, stomach acid and digestive enzymes
- Reduced inflammation, pain, and muscle tension
- Improved immunity
- Deeper more restful sleep
- Better mood, less anxiety, improved memory
- Increases stress resistance
- Reads the gut microbiome and initiates response to modulate inflammation
A NEW WAY TO INCREASE VAGAL TONE
Stress can cause the vagus nerve to malfunction. Most of us seem to live in a state of chronic stress, making it extremely difficult to relax if you’re not letting yourself slow down. We discovered through years of clinical experience and testing that the fastest and easiest way to calm the vagus nerve was to simply apply a few drops of any of our Transdermal Synergy products with our unique targeted system. This entirely new way of targeted applications combined with our products is what gives you the instant results you can't find anywhere else.
And, when you have a few extra minutes, you can stack the following tools together to get the best out of your vagus nerve.
- Take a minute to slow down, relax and BREATHE. Breathe slowly and deeply with a few slow rhythmic diaphragmatic belly breaths. Slow breathing is one of the most important ways to help yourself relax and reduce stress.
- Apply a drop of any of the Blue Buddha Therapeutics Transdermal Synergy line to the concha of your ears and to each of the “5 Stress Points”. Each drop sends a signal to your nervous and endocannibinoid systems to help relieve stress and improve vagal tone. Repeat as often as needed.
- Think of some things that made you happy today. This helps your body to drip dopamine, the “REWARD” neurotransmitter.
- If time allows, humming, singing, or chanting all stimulate the vocal cords and helps calm the vagus nerve. This could be a great time to meditate or rest since you’re already getting more relaxed.
IT'S NEVER BEEN EASIER
The vagus nerve is the key that unlocks your body's ability to adapt, balance and heal. We have found that treating the vagus nerve in conjunction with your other symptoms has been a game changer in getting results - and maintaining your health and balance in a preventive way.
By using our simplified Application System and these Transdermal Synergy products, you can now get the relief and healing that normally we could only give in our clinic.
And you can continue to treat your symptoms right at home.
We are thrilled to bring these products to you and to share our knowledge and experience with you. This fulfills a vision we had 35 years ago of helping so many people to heal in an easier, faster and empowering way.
Gordon and Victoria Merkle, Founders of BBT